Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Getting back to normal

This is my last day of maternity leave.  It is both exciting and sad.  I am excited to get back to the normalcy of a daily routine.  I am sad that my time with my girls is over.  We are so blessed to have a daycare provider that we love and trust and that our girls love.   I did get a few things accomplished while on leave.  I organized closets....again forgive the orientation issue. 

I did it. I spent the money and bought a real closet system.  It took me three days to install the new closet but it is so worth it.  We needed shelving in the worst way.  Yah, no more piles of jeans on the floor!

I organized Marla's too.  I put the cube shelving in her closet to help with the piles as well. I guess we don't really hang much up in this family.

Our daycare lady got married last weekend and Marla was SO excited to go to the dance. That is all she would talk about for days and she was a dancing queen.  She had a blast!

 And here are a few recent pics of the girls.
 Leah LOVES her swing.  She is so different then Marla was as a baby.  Marla was a pretty tough baby.  Leah has been so easy so far.  She is spending more time awake and doesn't mind just hanging out in her swing if mama needs her hands.  It is hard to put her down some times.  I mean really....look at those cheeks!

Marla loves her sister but has not figured out what gentle is.  I am constantly placing interference.  She struggles a little with not being the baby herself.  Paul said something about having another baby (no not happening, we took care of that)  and Marla starting crying and said "NNOOOOO, not another baby!!!!"   Ha ha.  The love and hate of sisterhood.

I also did a little digi scrapbooking.  I can't get any paper scrapping done because Marla wants to do it too and I spend all my time helping her.  I think I am going to have to do a weekend scrap camp somewhere in order to play with real paper.
 I did monthly collages for Marla's first year so I am doing them for Leah too.  It is so fun to flip though the first year and watch the little ones grow before your eyes.

 I have also decided that quick pages are the way to go when I want to get a lot of digi layouts done in a short amount of time.  I have used quite a few of them lately in order to "catch up" on my pages.


That is about it for now, wish me luck as I head back to work.  Talk to you later.

No comments: